Thursday, June 3, 2010

Torah study group

One Jewish congregation has been very friendly to me (at least, the lady who answers their e-mail has been very friendly), not only inviting me to a service but now inviting me to their Torah study group. I'm not going to their service when I take off work Friday the 11th, as I had originally planned, because my rabbi said their congregation is a bit "over my head" since it is a very wealthy congregation, so I wouldn't fit in. But I see no harm in attending a study group where you don't have to pay anything. The next study group is June 19, and I would like to go. Hopefully my rabbi will approve.

On the 11th, I am going to attend services at the temple my rabbi recommended, Temple Kol Ami. Their website makes them sound like a friendly and welcoming congregation. I have no idea what to expect, but hopefully I won't do anything stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment