Friday, June 11, 2010

Everything happens for a reason

Well, I ended up having a phone lesson with my rabbi for my first lesson yesterday, because he had to suddenly go to CA due to his grandmother being in a (perhaps intentional, on her part) one-car accident. But even with more important things going on in his life, he still thought of me, which I thought was really nice of him. Our conversation was interrupted a few times by him losing service during the drive, and during one of the interruptions, my mom called to tell me she was in the hospital with pneumonia. Since she is going to be 79 in a couple months, it made me really worry. But the rabbi, once I got back on the phone with him, was very comforting, saying "it's all good" - even if the "worst" were to happen, she would be with God in Paradise, and if the "best" were to happen, she'll be fine and recover quickly. I think my spiritual quest, which brought this rabbi into my life, was meant to happen now, when I need some spirituality to get me through the worry.

It also helps that I called the nurses station last night and they said she should be okay; they're running some tests and giving her antibiotics, and hopefully she will be home soon. That reassured me too.

Let's just hope God isn't ready for her yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment