Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lifestyle ideals

Yesterday at the UU Building Your Own Theology class, we had a worksheet to do on which a number of different lifestyle types were presented, from severely introverted to severely extroverted, and we had to rate how appealing or unappealing these lifestyles would each be for us. It was good food for thought. I think I would come down right in the middle. I am slightly more on the introvert side, so the lifestyles that emphasize finding value in "alone time" tended to have more appeal for me, but I also value my friendships and doing things with my friends, so I would not want to be totally alone all the time. My best friend may be my cat, but that doesn't mean I don't value my human friends. :-)

We also had to list five principles/convictions/values we held of a religious nature. One of mine was following the Golden Rule, but I acknowledged that it is a tough rule to follow for me because I lack patience with people. I need to work on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment