Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Update

I had hoped to attend a synagogue service this past Saturday, or maybe a Quaker meeting on Sunday, but I ended up sleeping in both mornings. Shame on me! But Sunday night, I had tea with a local Baha'i woman, and she gave a little lecture on key Baha'i beliefs, which I pretty much already knew from reading books on the faith. But I listened politely. She said she is trying to get a study circle together for the purposes of reading Baha'i teachings, and I would like to join it. I may not join the faith formally, but I think their prophet's writings are worth studying. The hardest part for me about joining would be the obligatory 19-day fast in spring. Ugh. Fasting isn't my style, with my appetite!

I tried to get in touch with my rabbi on Thursday for our scheduled lesson, but I got his voice mail and he never called me back. He didn't get the message, somehow. He gave me a different number to try calling, and I will call him tonight for another attempt at a lesson. I have plenty of questions for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment